Guidelines on Veneration of Ancestors during Masses:
- Veneration of ancestors is permitted within a Liturgical service.
- Those who wish to organise Masses with ancestral veneration must ensure that they provide all participants proper explanation of the symbols and gestures that are used.
- With sensitivity and respect for the larger parish community, these Masses are not to be celebrated during scheduled principal Mass times.
- Tables used for ancestral veneration must not be placed near the main altar or in the sanctuary.
- For parishes organising these Masses, the Liturgical Commission must be consulted to ensure that these Masses are celebrated with solemnity and dignity in accordance with Liturgical norms.
- Parish Priests organising these Masses will be responsible for answering to any queries that may arise.
“Approved by the Archbishop in consultation with the Senate of Priests”