Dear Coordinators and Catechists,
We are pleased to open registration for the following Elective:
1, 8, 15, 22, 29 Mar, 12 Apr (Fridays)
*No session on 5th April 2019
7:30pm – 10pm
CANA The Catholic Centre
55 Waterloo St, #02-01, Singapore 187954
Course fees are waived for 2019 **
**Notwithstanding the waiver of the contribution of course fees, participants are required to register for all courses and events to assist us in the booking of appropriate rooms, printing of materials and arrangement of tea and snacks, etc. In the event of foreseeable no-shows, we encourage participants to inform the office in advance to help prevent wastage of resources.
• Catechetical Coordinators & Level Coordinators for Children and/or Youth
• All Catechists & Assistant Catechists
Fr. Thomas Curran, OCD
This course seeks to:-
- Offer catechists a sweeping overview of the history of the Catholic Church.
- Outline key historical events and figures in the following periods:
- The Early Church
- The Papacy
- The Reformations
- The missions
- To understand the influence of the Church
- To understand the development of the Church’s awareness of the deposit of Faith
- To understanding the key historical events and figures in the context of today.
SUGGESTED REFERENCE MATERIAL
– Duffy, Eamon. Saints & Sinners: A History of the Popes. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2014.
– (Alternate Reference) Hitchcock, James. History of the Catholic Church. San Francisco: Ignatius Press, 2012.
E-book is available at FORMED.org To subscribe to our Faith Formation Online Resource (FFOR), go to: https://www.catechesis.org.sg/ffor.html
Please register before 26 Feb 2019