BCC Level 2 – Introduction to Morality*
* Kindly note that this course is a pre-requisite for: –
- BCC L2 – Human Sexuality
- BCC L2 – Catholic Social Teachings
20, 27 Apr, 4, 11, 18 May 2017 (Thursdays)
7:30 pm – 10pm
This course seeks to:-
- provide catechists with an overview to the fundamental guiding principles of morality;
- provide participants with an understanding of moral acts as well as to enable them to assess an individual act to be morally good or morally evil;
- help participants develop an appreciation for the indispensable need for lifelong formation of moral conscience; and
- help participants develop an appreciation for the need to cultivate and the practice of the both human and theological virtues so that in seeking happiness which inspires men’s activities, men might be drawn to God who alone can fulfil it.
Session 1: Acts & Assessments
Session 2: Moral Conscience
Session 3: Moral Principles
Session 4: Virtues
Session 5: Happiness
Catholic Archdiocesan Education Centre, St Michael’s Room
2 Highland Road, Singapore 549102
CONTRIBUTION: Course fees are waived**
**Notwithstanding the waiver of contribution of course fees, participants are required to register for all courses and events to assist us in booking of appropriate rooms, printing of materials and arrangement of tea and snacks, etc. In the event of foreseeable no-shows, we encourage participants to inform the office in advance to help prevent wastage of resources.
Friar David Garcia, O.P
REGISTRATION : To register, please click on the link to fill in the registration form before 17 April 2017:https://cms.catechesis.org.sg/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=97
The BCC Level 1 courses which are the recommended basic requirements for all catechists, including CGS, home-based, special needs, are as follows –
- BCC Level 1 – Intro to Catechetical Pedagogy & Catechetical Methods
- BCC Level 1 – Scripture
- BCC Level 1 – Liturgy: The Mass
- BCC Level 1 – Evangelisation and Mission
The BCC Level 2 courses which are the recommended requirements for youth and adult catechists are as follows: –
- BCC Level 2 – Learning to Listen and Facilitate
- BCC Level 2 – Introduction to Morality
- BCC Level 2 – Catholic Social Teaching***
- BCC Level 2 – Human Sexuality***
*** Pre-requisite for these courses is the BCC Level 2 – Introduction to Morality.
Catechists who have attended the BCC Level 1 and/or Level 2 courses but have yet to hand in their assignments are encouraged to attend the courses again as a REFRESHER.
Please feel free to contact us should you need further clarifications or have any other queries.
We look forward to seeing you. Thank you.